[quake2] Build help with Quake2 dedicated server on FreeBSD

Thomas J Fogal tfogal at pascal.unh.edu
Wed Feb 16 14:54:40 EST 2005

 <42139639.5060400 at telestream.com>m0gely writes:
<snip>

> "Makefile", line 329: Need an operator
> "Makefile", line 330: Need an operator
> "Makefile", line 331: Need an operator
> "Makefile", line 333: Missing dependency operator
> "Makefile", line 334: Missing dependency operator
> "Makefile", line 336: Need an operator
> "Makefile", line 338: Missing dependency operator
> Unknown modifier ' '

you should not have to disable any options to compile quake2.
you simply need to use 'gmake' on BSD systems, instead of 'make'.
'make' on a BSD system is BSD make and icculus quake2 uses GNU style
makefiles, thus requiring the GNU make program.

If you don't have gmake, it is in ports somewhere. Off the top of my
head, I would bet its in /usr/ports/devel/gmake.

HTH,

-tom