[quake2] Quake 2 'entities' help

Brendan Burns brendanburns at comcast.net
Tue Feb 8 08:11:25 EST 2005

Asfand,
All of the entities have a "think" slot that contains a function.  The
"think" function is called by the game engine every time through the
game loop.  It makes them do whatever it is they're supposed to do.  It
also has an animation sequence attached to it that makes the characters
animate.  Each entity actually has multiple functions that it uses as
the "think" function depending on its state (and the state of the game)
  As an example, if you look in m_infantry.c you'll see functions like
"run" "pain" etc which implement those actions.  The AI is basically a
deterministic finite automata (you may have seen that in a computer
science course sometime).

hope that helps.
--brendan