[quake2] Q2Max effects

coyote at cojot.name coyote at cojot.name
Sun Apr 17 15:18:47 EDT 2005

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005, Michael Christy wrote:

> I would also like to note that the Q2MAX renderer is seriously broken on
> the Alpha architecture.  The games starts normally with Q2MAX but then
> always crashes when the pistol is fired.  I have found that crashes like
> this on Alpha are sometimes indicative of a more insideous bug that is
> generally hidden on x86.

Just for the record, the QMAX work fine (albeit slowly) on Solaris/Sparc
(Same endianness as the axp).

However, when the pistol is fired, strange things happen: On machines with
XVR-1000 graphics, the game freezes for a few seconds and on machines with
XVR-600 graphics the freeze is shorter (although noticeable).

Vincent