[quake2] suggestion

Nick Warne nick at linicks.net
Tue Apr 5 16:18:51 EDT 2005

On Tuesday 05 April 2005 18:54, Anders Storsveen wrote:
> you know what would be great? if someone would take responsibilty for
> makeing windows binarys of the releases!
> Would be fantastic if we could have something to offer the windows users,
> an updated q2 binary would definantly please windows users, except for the
> binary incompability with the old mods...
>
> anyway, would be fantastic!

I don't understand this at all.  The icculus build was surely the port _FROM_
Windows to *nix to get it to run on OpenGL et al (and bloody great job it is
too... icculus was one factor I moved to Linux 100% 11 months ago)

Why port it back?  There are far superior quake2 projects for Windows users
already ( http://www.r1ch.net/stuff/r1q2/ ).

I think quake2 icculus should just concentrate on the *nix port.

Nick
--
"When you're chewing on life's gristle,
Don't grumble, Give a whistle..."