[quake2] Quake 0.16 rc2...

Vincent Cojot coyote at cojot.name
Tue Sep 21 17:51:26 EDT 2004

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004, Vincent Cojot wrote:

Some updates:

The good news: We fixed a bug plagueing the big-endian plate-forms since
day 0 of QuakeII: On such machines, blue lasers were reddish and yellow
lasers were quite greenish.. :)
Commited in CVS.

The bad news: Is it just me or is the mouse working very strangely under
Linux? Up until the 0.15.x releases, everything was fine but with this
0.16.x release it's almost impossible to aim at anything because the
cursor 'skips'. And also, when starting out the first map in Quake2, I
find myself pointing at the ground and circling as fast as possible.
The Solaris/Sparc port is unaffected by this because the mouse routines
are separated so most likely the changes which broke it are under
src/linux. I tried compiling with JOYSTICK=NO but to no avail.. Someone's
gotta do some non-reg on this.. :)

Cheers,

Vincent