[quake2] quake2 3d

Alejandro Néstor Vargas anv at xnetcuyo.com.ar
Tue Jan 27 17:12:48 EST 2004

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 12:41:39 -0500, Brendan Burns <brendanburns at attbi.com>

> Yeah, I noticed this too... that's what I get for adopting someone
> else's code I guess...
> I think the way around it would be to modify the player viewpoint
> between renderers.
> I don't know if I'll have time to do this in the near future, but I'll
> look into it...
> Anyone else who wants to take a hack at it should feel welcome too...

I was checking the soruce code. I found it is calling twice V_RenderView
with a parameter of stereo_separation each time. Later the images are

I see it is using stereo_separation for scaling cl.v_right and then adding
this value to cl.refdef.vieworig but I can't understand waht exactly is it

It seems to be creating two views taken from points a little at the left
and right of the original point. What we need is it rotates the view a
fiew degreas the direction of the view point. Do you what do I need to do
for this?

Alejandro Néstor Vargas
Departamento de Desarrollo
X Net Cuyo S.A.