Quake2 GL Problems (Linux version)

Matthew Goins arkestra at tds.net
Thu Nov 20 22:48:26 EST 2003

Sorry to bug people, but I think I am missing something obvious on this
one.

I am running the relnev version of quake2 under Gentoo Linux. The game
runs perfectly under vid_ref softx, however, under vid_ref glx I get a
strange box of garble in the right-bottom corner of the screen, and the
mouse is very jerky and impossible to use. Has anyone seen this problem?
I have run the game under different linux distros, so I fear I just
failed to set something up correctly.  More info: I am using the
standard, latest nvidia drivers on a geforce 4 card. Other games seem to
run under GL (tuxracer for example).

I have already made sure that GPM or other mouse-using stuff is
disabled, and I  really don't know where to turn but this list, as other
forums haven't responded. Thanks in advance!

Matt