[quake2] help with q2lnx

Jack Coates jack at monkeynoodle.org
Tue Nov 4 10:56:39 EST 2003

the // will be handled by the shell, no problem there. The GL thing is
probably a problem, or other incompatibility in the config file. Here's
my setup:
~/bin/runq2 has (among other irrelevant stuff):
artsdsp -m quake2 +set game fear
(artsdsp is a sound system wrapper.)

~/.quake2/baseq2/config.cfg:
set sndchannels "2"
set sndbits "16"
set gl_3dlabs_broken "1"
set gl_swapinterval "1"
set gl_ext_compiled_vertex_array "1"
set gl_ext_pointparameters "1"
set gl_ext_multitexture "1"
set gl_ext_swapinterval "1"
set gl_vertex_arrays "0"
set gl_texturesolidmode "default"
set gl_texturealphamode "default"
set gl_texturemode "GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_NEAREST"
set gl_finish "0"
set gl_shadows "0"
set gl_modulate "1"
set gl_particle_att_c "0.01"
set gl_particle_att_b "0.0"
set gl_particle_att_a "0.01"
set gl_particle_size "40"
set gl_particle_max_size "40"
set gl_particle_min_size "2"
set _windowed_mouse "1"
set gl_ext_palettedtexture "1"
set gl_mode "5"
set gl_driver "libGL.so"

note the gl driver name.

[jack at chupacabra jack]$ locate libGL.so
/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1.2
/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1
/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1.0
/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1.4.501
/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so
/usr/local/games/quake2/libGL.so
[jack at chupacabra jack]$ ll /usr/local/games/quake2/libGL.so
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           12 Dec 13  2002
/usr/local/games/quake2/libGL.so -> libMesaGL.so*
[jack at chupacabra jack]$ ll /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           12 Sep 22 20:54
/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so -> libGL.so.1.2*

Not sure which one of those it's using, but I don't care since it works
:-)

--
Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: A Scientific Venture...