[quake2] Brian Hook's patches?

Brian Hook hook_l at pyrogon.com
Tue Mar 11 22:25:25 EST 2003

>I was curious as to what his patches were really for, and what the
>purpose of his fork is.

The patches were mostly minor cleanup and getting it working on
Windows again.

The fork (q2x), however, is a far more ambitious project, which is
why we're not doing it in q2 i.o., which is trying to be a relatively
conservative and stable Linux version of Q2.

The basic goal of the fork is to massively clean up the code base,
expand some base facilities, add support for mods written in a
scripting language (Lua), make it a relatively pure SDL version
(Win32 + SDL support, all other OS-specific support is being ripped
out), add PHYSICS_fs support so assets can be built using ZIP, etc.

For more info, you can join the q2x mailing list at
q2x-subscribe at icculus.org.  I'll still lurk here to help with any
Windows related issues that crop up.

Brian