[quake2] Ideas

Dan Olson theoddone33 at linuxgames.com
Mon Mar 3 18:14:16 EST 2003

On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 05:03:38PM -0600, Matthew Arnold wrote:
> From a user's standpoint (as opposed to a coder's) I would welcome any
> change that would encourage mod-making, especially if they were
> cross-platform. However, this looks like it would be a huge project and
> potential major nightmare.

I have already converted a small amount of the CTF game code to Lua.
(Approximately 30% of one of the larger files.) From my standpoint, the
project would be quite labor-intensive, but not particularly difficult.

I am excited about the use of a real scripting language for modders, as
it would allow the ability to make changes and have them manifested in
real time without compilation or even reloading the quake 2 executable.

--
Dan Olson