[quake2] Retexturing Quake 2: New textures for new clients

Karen Pouelle hockeyvixen at yahoo.ca
Mon Jul 14 19:24:33 EDT 2003

"Once the source code is edited you can create a patch by using the diff
program

'diff -Aur foo.c foo.c.old > foo.path' will do the trick.  Then send
the patch to me (or the list)
and it will get incorporated into CVS
Vis a Vis this patch, I will try to get it in this weekend..."

--brendan

Advanced Computing Laboratory at Los Alamos FAQ said (in the page
http://www.acl.lanl.gov/users/faqs/general/acl.html ) to do this:

I tried 'diff -Aur but got this message:

diff: invalid option -- A
diff: Try `diff --help' for more information.

I've attached the patch file from doing the -uNr.  If it weren't for the many
research resources on the Internet, I'd be as lost as you would be trying to
stich up a simple cut.  I can't stress enough that I am not a programer and
that I've had someone do the compile and such for me.  I can only say that
the code has worked in my client and I've since been gathering quality 24 bit
high resolution textures for clients so blessed.  Someone should test this,
then enjoy the new textures as I have.
http://pretzel.iceware.net/forums/index.php?showforum=10

Karen

=====