[quake2] Q2max performance?

ras2 ras2 at get2net.dk
Mon Jan 20 13:44:20 EST 2003

On 2003-01-20 at 23:48:32 +1000, Marco Nadal <m_nadal at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> On Monday 20 January 2003 09:25 pm, ras2 wrote:
> > Just wondering how q2max performs for other people.
>
> On my Athlon 1800 XP with GeForce2MX, it runs smoothly. Possibly not quite
> as smoothly as plain vanilla Quake,

The difference is /very/ noticeable here, so something must be different
on your system.

> if you tell me the command, I can run a testdemo... I don't have the time
> to figure out how to determine FPS.

I just use
'set cl_drawfps "1"'
in config.cfg (or from the console).

I'm not sure a timedemo would show anything useful; the slowdowns sometimes
happen when nothing particular is going on (i.e. it's not just when there's
a lot of fighting and such).

> I use the ASUS drivers that came with the card.

ASUS drivers for Linux?

-R.
--
[SFX: Sonic Youth - Schizophrenia - Sister]