[quake2] Quake 2 ipv6 master server test

doneill at kida.net doneill at kida.net
Sat Jan 11 14:03:15 EST 2003

ah, well, i'm not getting your servers checkin but this seems to be a
painfully common issue.

i've found 'q2ded' seems to suffer this problem;  basically q2ded isn't
ipv6 capable (outgoing, incoming it may be) and to work around this i use,
and would suggest, ./quake2 +set dedicated 1

the master command as i know it /is/ setmaster, and should do the trick, i
don't imagine your server, being ipv6, is listed much anywhere, as it
can't be indexed by v4 servers due to fundamental incompatibilities with
the protocol used.

well, let me know how that goes, or if this is just too much hassle

cheers,
dan