compiling q2 for win32

brainerror at gmx.net brainerror at gmx.net
Wed Dec 10 07:06:09 EST 2003

Hello everyone :)

How's work going on?
Just got sources and patch from http://www.icculus.org/quake2/ :) ...
(never version available somewhere?)

And I'm already stuck - how to compile Q2 for Windows? (Maybe a stupid
question, as I'm an unixoid programmer and not familiar with Windows,
but cygwin-make just comments "Makefile:48: *** OS CYGWIN_NT-5.0 is
currently not supported.  Stop." and there seems to be no
Windows-related code in the makefile).
Guess I should just go back to Linux where it compiled nicely, but I
need Windows-only Macromedia Freehand for my studies. (Everyone should
be able to use the OS he/she wants, and that's also one of the things I
like about q2.)

Btw, is there a GPL'ed pak-file to test with? If not, I could give it a
try and create one, there are already some GPL'ed textures, models and
stuff on the net.

Mirko