[quake2] Quake 2 - Fedora Core I

Gian Paolo Mureddu thetargos at tutopia.com
Thu Dec 4 14:25:07 EST 2003

Brendan Burns wrote:

> To see if it is DGA, try adding
>
> SubSection  "extmod"
>   Option    "xfree86-dga"
> EndSubSection
>
> To you XF86Config-4 and see if it helps.  (I'm not sure that it will)
> If it doesn't I'm not sure what the problem is, although others have
> reported similar problems.
>
> --brendan

That is exactly what my XF86Config file says about DGA (to get it to
load) but for some strange reason the mouse in GLX mode with Q2 is
barely responding... Here's my sys specs:

AMD Athlon XP 1800+
ECS K7S5A Pro Motherboard
512 Mb PC 2700 RAM
ATi Radeon 9500 128 Mb non pro (although Linux sees it as pro) With the
latest drivers from ATi
SB-Live! Value running trhough ALSA
Fedora Core 1
Kernel 2.4.22-ck2 (patched with CK sources for Low Lat and Preemtible)
Kernel 2.4.23-k7 (patched with K7-Tune and medley, there are no low lat
or preempt patches for this kernel yet)

Icculus Quake2 installed from source.
QuakeForge for Quake1
Tenebrae engine for Quake 1

The DGA problem solved the issue in Quake1 and QuakeForge, but _not_ in Q2.

Hope this info helps.

PS: Sorry for the delayed reply.