[quake2] Quake2 stencil shadows..

Vincent S. Cojot coyote at step.polymtl.ca
Wed Sep 25 09:14:35 EDT 2002

Hello Brendan,

> Thanks for doing this!  I've played around with it on my linux x86 box
> at it appears to run fine.  There are some slowdowns in parts but I
> think that's my slow graphics card and 500mhz PIII rather than anything
> else ;-P

Thanks for the report that it works under Linux.. I thought so but I wasn't
sure.. For the slowdowns, perhaps it's your drivers since stenciling does
-not- impact performance if depth testing (dixit Mark Kilkgaard - sp?) I
haven't done much really, the guys at QuakeForge did it.. :)

> I'll patch-ify it and get it into CVS...

Only these files are changed in our tree:
quake2-r0.0.14.2/src/client/cl_tent.c
quake2-r0.0.14.2/src/game/q_shared.h
quake2-r0.0.14.2/src/linux/gl_fxmesa.c
quake2-r0.0.14.2/src/linux/gl_glx.c
quake2-r0.0.14.2/src/ref_gl/gl_local.h
quake2-r0.0.14.2/src/ref_gl/gl_mesh.c
quake2-r0.0.14.2/src/ref_gl/gl_rmain.c
quake2-r0.0.14.2/src/solaris/gl_glx.c

> Thanks again (and thanks to the good folks at quakeforge for doing the
> original development...)

I'll second that.. Perhaps it's the start for more collaboration..? :) :)

Vincent