OpenGL Hard Locks

Mik Mifflin mik42 at adelphia.net
Thu Sep 5 05:36:04 EDT 2002

I have compiled Quake2 version 0.13.1, and in OpenGL modes, everything goes
good for a few minutes, and then slight flickering starts or randomly appear
(almost like random polygons), and then a second or 2 later, the machine
hardlocks.  I'm using X version 4.1.0.1, linux kernel version 2.4.18, gcc
version 2.95.4, and I am using a Matrox G450 on Debian 3.0.  Am I doing
anything wrong??  Has anyone had any other problems like this before??

BTW, compiling with QMAX enabled is simply amazing (at least for the minute
or 2 before it locks).  I can't wait to fool around with the new particle
stuff!!

 - Mik Mifflin
I, within the woods,
Like to hack and play all night.