Quake2 OpenGL Solaris problems

Vincent S. Cojot coyote at step.polymtl.ca
Mon Oct 21 12:56:44 EDT 2002

Hello Jeff, Brendan and others,

Jeff.. a couple questions:

1) How did you compile quake2 (what compiler, what Makefile.Solaris options
 or are you using the binary package)?
2) What command line did you use to start it?
3) Have you run other OpenGL programs on your box successfully?
  (if you run /usr/openwin/demo/GL/ogl_check_install, does it work?)
4) Is there a reason why you're running 1.2.2 and not 1.2.3 + patches?

I don't think your odd video mode is going to be of any impact but if you
want to try to set it to something more standard (1024x768, for example),
use the "ffbconfig" command.

BTW: You really don't want to play in OpenGL mode on an Ultra2 2200 with a
Creator3d.. If was developping on an Ultra2 1300 (1*300Mhz) and OpenGL in
640x480 gave me about 8-10fps.. But it looks nice. XIL will give you
better results since it does better pixel scaling.

Vincent