[quake2] Error: Couldn't load maps

Rick Knight rick at rlknight.com
Wed Oct 9 16:27:33 EDT 2002

Brendan,

I am in the Quake2 directory (/usr/local/games/quake2). I've also tried
to run Quake2 from $HOME using "/usr/local/games/quake2/quake2 +set
basedir /usr/local/games/quake2". Still get the same message. I didn't
notice earlier, but I also get another error, "ERROR: Couldn't open
demos/demo1.dm2"

Thanks,
Rick