[quake2] Spark of death

Brendan Burns brendanburns at attbi.com
Sat Oct 5 23:13:23 EDT 2002

Russell,
I think its somewhere in cl_fxmax.c or cl_ent.c  My suspicion is that
there's some call to random() that's returning a really huge number
which is creating the spark of death (which I believe is actually a
really large particle...)  That's what the massive cloud of blood bug
that I fixed earlier was...  I would look in code related to explosions
and bullet particles since it seems to only be caused by weapons that
shoot bullets.

The other possibility is that there is something in the world that is
not getting intialized properly on level switches since someone
observed that it seemed to only occur just after switching levels.
Although this may be a coincidence...

I'll keep looking too when I have time...

Thanks for attempting to track this down!!!
--brendan