[quake2] Re: Quake2 and SDL

Mental Patient mental at neverlight.com
Tue Nov 26 14:43:06 EST 2002

On Tue, 2002-11-26 at 13:27, Rene Koenig wrote:
> Is it hard to change the code?
> Its realy slow on a 1600x1200 screen with a 1024x768 quake in it. And always
> changing the X config and restarting it realy sucks.

I run X at 1600x1200. When I play quake at any res from 640x480 -
1280x1024, it plays full screen at that res. The VidMode extensions in X
should allow you to change on the fly for apps like quake.

If I recall, when I Load extmod, I dont omit xfree86-dga. This allows
the resolution changes without restarting X. If your hardware supports
DGA, enable it. You should be able to play any game full screen in any
supported vidmode.

Hope that helps.

--
Mental Patient <mental at neverlight.com>