[quake2] Performance issue fixed, problem found

Brendan Burns brendanburns at attbi.com
Fri Jun 28 15:51:45 EDT 2002

Vincent,
sorry it took me a while to get back to you on this one.

vid_so sets up the reference to the dynamically loaded function
RW_Sys_GetClipboardData which is in the video driver (in this case
rw_x11.c)  Basically the on initialization, the game code sets
RW_Sys_GetClipboardData_fp to point to the location of the dynamic
function in the ref_[glx,softx].so, then when the game code calls
Sys_GetClipboardData, that function in turn calls
RW_Sys_GetClipboardData_fp which points to RW_Sys_GetClipboardData in
ref_[glx,softx].so.

aren't dynamic libraries fun ;-P

basically its a form of indirection.

hth