[quake2] Fix?

Mental Mental at NeverLight.com
Thu Jun 20 20:09:16 EDT 2002

On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 01:27:18PM -0500, Matthew Arnold wrote:
> Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately, depending on your point of view)
> I did get that "wall of fire" problem when using the blaster. It took
> a lot more shooting and I had a hard time reproducing it
> consistently. Is there a similar spark effect when using a blaster?

Its probably a bug in teh partical system. I've 'fixed' it by removeing
the partical loop in gl_rmain.c (at around line 628).

Now there's no sparkles, but stain maps still work and there are no...
weird looking laser things.

Of course the loop in question is several hundred lines long. So tracking
it down may take a while. :) And it could turn out its somethign being
called from the loop, but we'll see.

--
Mental (Mental at NeverLight.com)

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
--I forget