[quake2] quake2 eye candy question

Matthew Arnold marnold at ez-net.com
Thu Jun 13 22:00:40 EDT 2002

On Thursday 13 June 2002 05:42 pm, Wesley Bear wrote:
> Exactly.  I've never gotten an SDL compile of icculus-quake2 to run
> on my machine.  Although that might be because I'm stupid enough to
> use Mandrake... :)

Same problem here. This is what I get when I try to run:
	quake2 +set vid_ref sdlgl

LoadLibrary("./ref_sdlgl.so")
ref_gl version: GL 0.01
/usr/local/bin/quake2: line 5:  3775 Segmentation fault
./quake2.x86 $*

The game never comes up. It gets to this point and barfs. This is
using Red Hat 7.3. I've got SDL 1.2.3-7 installed (and mixer, image,
and net). The standard glx renderer works exceedingly well.

If I try to change from glx to sdlgl at the menu, my hard drive
thrashes for a while and then it pukes with a similar error message.
The version of quake2 I am using is the .12 release using the Loki
installer.

Thoughts?
  Matt