[quake2] Solaris 8 quake2 installer..

zakk zakk at timedoctor.org
Tue Jul 30 16:04:19 EDT 2002

On Tue, 2002-07-30 at 15:09, Brendan Burns wrote:
> Hey Vincent,
> I know for a fact that Quake2 does work with the demo files, you should look
> in the README for instructions (basically you want the pak0.pak from the
> demo in your baseq2 and no other paks.
>
> Zakk has built a Loki Installer for Quake2 for linux, it could possibly be
> ported over to solaris as well...
>
> --brendan

It should definately be portable to Solaris, yes.
I can't do this myself, as I don't have Solaris :(
The main SETUP guy did a lot of work porting it to various other unices.

Also, installing the missionpacks with the last cd-based one I uploaded
isn't working apparently (I don't have enough feedback from more people
to say for sure). The authors of setup know about this, but are too busy
to fix the cd code (there's something broken even if it's not just
multiple-cd installs). So, I wouldn't include the missionpack cd
installing, if I were doing a from-cd installer for Solaris. Just
installing the data from the main win32 cd should work okay.
--
-zakk
zakk at timedoctor.org