[quake2] roblem when client connects to a server

Brendan Burns brendanburns at attbi.com
Mon Jul 29 08:35:40 EDT 2002

On 7/28/02 11:33 PM, "yjchui" <yjchui at cht.com.tw> wrote:

> Hello:
>
> We haved tried to build the IPv6 quake2 server. We install the software on
> Redhat 7.3 and start the server as "./quake2 +set dedicated 1 +set ip
> 3ffe:3600:e:100::5".
>  However, when we use quake2 client (on window 2000 with IPv6 protocol stack)
> to connect the server, the client will download a lot of thing and stop with a
> msg "can not download maps/base1.bsp". The error condition is the same when
> using IPv4 protocol stack. Besides, Similar error occurs when we connect to
> another server "Quake2.ipv6.viagenie.qc.ca". Can you give us some suggestions
> to solve the problem?
>
> Thanks
>
> Yann-Ju Chu
> ChungHwa Telecom. Co.

Hello,
Does it work if you try to run the server built for IPv4?  If not then
this looks to me like your software isn't installed correctly on the server.
Make sure that you have copied your entire baseq2 directory from you
original QuakeII CD into the same directory as quake2 and then make sure you
are in that directory when you start the game.

I haven't done much with the IPv6 code other than insure that it compiles...

--brendan