[quake2] Brendan = Dumbass

Brendan Burns brendanburns at attbi.com
Fri Jul 12 21:46:57 EDT 2002

Quoting from the license agreement:
"2.  Grant of Rights.  Subject to the terms and provisions of this
Agreement, Id Software hereby grants to Licensee and Licensee hereby
accepts, a limited, world-wide (except as otherwise provided herein),
non-exclusive, non-transferable, and non-assignable license to:"
<snip>
"(v) modify the Authorized Copy
in order to create a Modified Copy, as defined above; and (vi) distribute
the Modified Copy by way of a sublicense limited by the terms of this
Agreement, free of charge and at no cost, by electronic transmission via
the Internet only.  Each person or entity who/which receives a copy of
the Code shall be subject to the terms of this Agreement but, no rights
are granted to any person or entity who/which obtains, receives, or is
in possession of any copy of the Code by other than Authorized Means."

So I think we're actually in the clear to distribute binaries and even
incorporate rogue/xatrix into our CVS (which I will do sometime soon)

(always pays to read I suppose...)

--brendan