Engine fixes and enhancements

bod bod at planetquake.com
Tue Jan 22 13:58:10 EST 2002

On Tue, 2002-01-22 at 15:12, andy.piper wrote:

    Has anyone thought about applying the various engine fixes and enhancements
    documented at http://www.quakesrc.org/?Page=tutorials&Dir=Quake2 to the relnev
    release? It would be nice to add a few of them at least (FPS counter, dlight
    shine through, shadow fix) - maybe as configurable build time options.

I just shoved the FPS counter in, only to discover it's already in
there! (with comments pointing to the quakesrc.org site). So set
cl_drawfps to 1 and knock yourself out.

As an aside, can anybody on this list compile the Eraser or Gladiator
bots? I can get both to compile, but neither to load (under q2hack,
which does load the original binaries).
Using RedHat 7.2 w/ gcc 2.96.

I would like to get both of these working with sdlquake2 as the fps
boost is huge, and the game just looks a helluva lot better.

bod

--
/* These are the most dangerous and useful defines. They do printk()
during