[q2x] OT: Lua questions

theoddone33 at icculus.org theoddone33 at icculus.org
Mon Feb 9 14:39:35 EST 2004

Quoting Nick Trout <nick at rockstarvancouver.com>:
> BH> > I suppose part of my motivation for tackling the game part is to
> > > play Q2 with Lua monsters!
> > Well, there's still a lot of interesting game-specific stuff that
> > isn't monsters, e.g. weapons.  Lua weapons would be fun as well =)
>
> The whole thing is fun! I really loved Quake and Quake2. For some reason
> I never got round to Quake3, maybe too much work at the time. I'm
> possibly more of a Doom2 fan! That would be fun in Lua! Would probably
> run on handhelds as well. Mmmmm. Anyway, one thing at a time.

I'd actually really like to do something similar to Doom engine games.  I'd like
nothing more than a high-quality, cross-platform Doom engine that runs all 5
games as Lua code.  (The 5 games being Heretic, Hexen, Doom, Doom 2, and
Strife... with all relevant expansion packs)

I've been screwing with Heretic and Hexen for about 5 years now, off and on.
Actually doing something useful with them would be just about the coolest thing
ever.