[q2x] DORIS: Math libs

Brian Hook hook_l at pyrogon.com
Mon Apr 12 22:42:55 EDT 2004

> I'd suggest looking at Steve Baker's stuff?

Yeah, that's a decent starting point, but I figure writing it from
scratch (assuming we stick to simple stuff) wouldn't be difficult at
all.

> Feel free to extend the functionality. What is missing?

Specifying matrix elements directly; M x N matrices; N-element
vectors; transform, bulk transform, both in row and column major
forms; lots of other small things.

I still think it should be done in Lua because the binary loadable
module situation doesn't seem to be well in hand, and right now one of
my bitter complaints about Lua is that it requires building a whole
new interpreter to use someone else's package.

For example, something as simple as integrating a new pRNG is just a
royal pain in the ass.

Brian