[q2x] DORIS

Nick Trout nicktrout at shaw.ca
Mon Apr 12 14:59:34 EDT 2004

From: "Brian Hook"
>> I think these can all be retrofitted fairly trivially, however it's
>> all in stuff that Nick Doesn't Control, so I'm not sure the best
>> way to attack this.
>Been looking at the source some more, and I could see hacking on GLUI
to get it up to snuff, including some fairly major architectural
changes (internally).
>The question is: exactly how active is GLUI development?  If it's
ongoing (and from what I can tell...it's not), then it might be best
to just use GLUI as is.

See notes at the bottom of here:
    http://www.nigels.com/glt/glui/

Files:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/glui/

My binding is based on version 2.1beta.

I have a version of GLUI checked into Doris CVS (based on pre 2.1b). I had a
weird bug earlier in Doris's life and thought it was something to do with
string corruption in GLUI so I added a better string wrapper. It turned out
to be a driver problem. It would probably be more work to integrate my
changes back in than to just do it again on the current version though...
mmm. I do agree with the current maintainer that GLUI could do with a clean
up. It's very "work in progress" code. :)

I think I'll mail the author and ask him which version is current.

Nick