[q2x] Refactorization

Nick Trout nicktrout at shaw.ca
Wed Nov 12 18:15:07 EST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Hook" <hook_l at pyrogon.com>
To: <q2x at icculus.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2003 2:48 PM
Subject: Re: [q2x] Refactorization

> I have one argument to keep the SW renderer:  it's the only way I
> can compile it on my PS2 which does not have an OpenGL library.

> Heh...well, I doubt the Q2X source base will be PS2 (or PPC)
compatible anyways.  If anything, if someone were to support the PS2,
I'd encourage them to write a ref_ps2 and get hardware acceleration
that way.

There is ps2gl. It's a project on the ps2 support site. I haven't used it
but I think a fair amount of effort went into it.

> Software rendering on a PS2 seems so...wrong.

I suppose its one extreme or the other on that machine. Render to texture
and blit, or DMA/hardware hell!

Nick