[q2x] Refactorization

Jamie Wilkinson jaq at spacepants.org
Mon Nov 10 01:24:12 EST 2003

This one time, at band camp, Nick Trout wrote:
>optimised to minimise this. I think Pythons GC is a hack and Python
>generates a lot more objects in use than Lua. Although I love Python I don't
>think its a realtime/game language.

Microforte (Melbourne, Australia) are building a game called Citizen Zero
around their BigWorld engine, a massively multiplayer RPG.  They're using
Python as the scripting language, it was quite impressive when I saw it run.
Of course, they didn't go into details about the performance issues of the
interpreter, and I'm sure the fact that it still isn't released after 3 or
so years of development has anything to do with Python's GC :-)

--
jaq at spacepants.org                           http://spacepants.org/jaq.gpg