[q2x] Plan of attack

Brian Hook hook_l at pyrogon.com
Wed Dec 10 15:12:48 EST 2003

> Ok. I'll send you periodic src zips and you can merge them :)

Ummm...let's hold off on that.  Once you get something up and running
and stable, we can talk =)

> .q2x :)  When it looks for available .pak files.

Oh, right...Q2X is a .ZIP file intended to get rid of PAK files
eventually.

> Won't all this be in qcommon so there'll only be one but it'll be
> instanced twice? -- more reading to do!

Yes, that seems reasonable, but Lua may be used for different things
and I'm not sure how comingling there should be.

On the server, it will implement the game and cvars.
On the client, it will implement client presentation and cvars.
For "common" stuff, it will implement cvars.

Brian