[q2x] Alive

Nick Trout nick at rockstarvancouver.com
Fri Aug 8 22:26:09 EDT 2003

> >In what sense do you mean "way of doing things"?
>
> Specifically, how Carmack did a faux-Obj-C style of programming with
> the AI routines, where each file encapsulates a specific set of AI
> routines, etc.  No big deal, but that's where the Lua changes will
> occur.

I assume you mean in src/game, the m_* (monster?) and g_* (game?) files.
I can see an object oriented style of C there. So the plan is to make
all of the behaviour data (script) driven rather than hard coded. So you
don't necessarily have to copy the style that's there either. So all of
the "service objects" that allow script to control the game will need to
be exposed. How are you planning on doing this? Are you hand coding or
using the newly released tolua5?

Nick