[q2x] Alive

Brian Hook hook_l at pyrogon.com
Thu Aug 7 22:37:26 EDT 2003

Okay, I think we're going to get this going again.  The biggest issue
I'm dealing with now is structure -- Q2X requires quite a few third
party open source libraries, and I'm not sure the best way to
integrate them.

1.  Force the user to download them and either A.) put them in blessed
locations or B.) modify the make/project files to point to them
correctly

2.  Stick them into the cvs, ensure blessed copies but also duplicate
code.  This also has some crappy side effects for people trying to
work on both q2x and one of the dependent libraries (e.g. I'm also a
contributor to physfs, so I'd need to have two separate checkouts, one
with CVS/ and another without).

Ideas?

I'm also looking at a new scripting language, Io (www.iolanguage.com),
that has some attributes that are a bit nicer than Lua's.

Brian