gettext patch 1

Carles Pina i Estany carles at pina.cat
Mon Feb 4 18:09:08 EST 2008

Hello all,

I wanted to send a patch with all changes, but I'm feeling that this is
getting too big, so I prefer to send a patch now.
I'm sorry that in this patch I'm doing two things: setting up the
building infrastructure and changing strings.

Note: it is really nice when Pydance talks to me in my mother language,
and I think that this will help us (Catux LUG) a lot to help the good
things about free software :-)

CHANGES
=======
Well, what I have done in the attached patch:

a) In gameselect.py, menudriver.py and pydance.py I added "_" function
in mainly all strings. This is a big change, since pydance is using
user interface strings also for internal use. But should be safe :-)
(but I have to finish these three files and also add the other files!!)

b) New class i18n.py. I was expecting some more lines (it has 2 :-) ).
Even maybe is not needed by module? I will check, by the moment is
working fine.

c) I changed Makefile.posix and Makefile.general to support LOCALESDIR
variable and add po/Makefile task, and also uptrans to update the
translation

d) In ZIPMODS Makefile.general variable I added i18n.py (I needed) and
also fonttheme.py (as Pavel said to me yesterday, new functions... and
was not in the installation -pydance was crashing searching this module)

e) I added po/ directory, with a Makefile and ca.po

It's mainly all, not a hard task but some work searching strings.

COMMENTS
========

I send this patch for:
a) expecting some comments (incorrect things, what to change, I'm bit
confused with Makefiles.*, etc.)

b) because I'm changing mainly all strings, I afraid that somebody will
change some strings next days and we will have conflicts in the commits

--
Carles Pina i Estany		GPG id: 0x8CBDAE64
	http://pinux.info	Manresa - Barcelona