2 problems I have :(

Ahmad M. Afuni pseudo.statistic at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 21:29:52 EST 2006

Hey,
I just thought I'd start "posting" on the mailing list since I have 2 issues
with pydance. :}
I recently downloaded a few ParaPara sm files off Stepmania's site (In the
4.0 section) and tried them on pydance...
They work great in ParaPara mode! But why can't I select them with other
modes? Why doesn't Auto-Generation work?

Also, I recently bought a Pump It Up pad off a friend-- for the PS2
version.... it's USB.
I'm on NetBSD (I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the problem,
since SDL supports its USB joysticks?) and I run pydance... and when I start
it (with the Pump It Up pad plugged in) I get this message:

"1 joystick(s) found.
Joystick 0 initialized: 0 axes, 0 buttons."

Hmm.. it knows I have a controller... but it doesn't detect anything about
it. :(
Anyone know of a fix? Or what the problem is?
Or if there's some way I can help out with adding support for (if there
isn't already) this pad?

Thanks,

Ahmad