[pyddr-discuss] Stupid Panther questions...

- drive - drift - dream - shannyk at mac.com
Thu Mar 3 23:47:32 EST 2005

On 3-Mar-05, at 1:45 AM, theGREENzebra wrote:

> You don't actually have to install pydance, you can just run it out of
> the directory you unpacked it into.

That doesn't work either.  How do I fix the stuff it's complaining
about below?  It's kinda been years since I did much command line
stuff, and what I did know how to do back then wasn't much anyways...
:-(

Hera:~/pydance-1.0.2 catherine$ python pydance.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "pydance.py", line 32, in ?
     from constants import * # This needs to be here to set sys.path.
   File "/Users/catherine/pydance-1.0.2/constants.py", line 62, in ?
     import pygame
   File
"/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/
python2.3/site-packages/pygame/__init__.py", line 158, in ?
     raise ImportError, "Can not access the window manager, use
bundlebuilder or execute with the pythonw script"
ImportError: Can not access the window manager, use bundlebuilder or
execute with the pythonw script
Hera:~/pydance-1.0.2 catherine$

> What do you get in the console when you just run it? Also, in the past
> you had to be sure to use the python that came with the kitchen sink
> and not the python that came with OSX, I'm not sure if this is still
> the case.

How do I specify what python to use?

I get absolutely *nothing* in the console log, it doesn't seem to
register as ever having attempted to open.