dance pad problems...

Michael Salib msalib at alum.mit.edu
Wed Sep 29 13:20:33 EDT 2004

Hi,
I hope this is the right place to send questions; if not, please let me
know.

I'm having trouble getting my dance mat to work. I'm running Debian
unstable. I'm using an EMS USB2 converter with a Level Six pad. I know
that Linux sees the pad since I can see data on /dev/input/js0. I know
that pydance sees the pad (I've included the messages pydance prints to
the console at the end of this message). The problem is that stepping on
the buttons doesn't change anything in pydance.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot,
Mike

open /dev/sequencer: No such device
1 joystick(s) found.
Joystick 0 initialized: 11 axes, 32 buttons.
Loaded input configuration.
pydance 1.0.1 <pyddr-discuss at icculus.org> - irc.freenode.net/#pyddr
W: Psyco optimizing compiler not found.
Searching for songs in /usr/share/games/pydance/songs
Searching for songs in ~/.pydance/songs
Searching for songs in /usr/local/share/games/pydance/songs
Searching for courses in /usr/share/games/pydance/courses
Searching for courses in ~/.pydance/courses
Searching for courses in /usr/local/share/games/pydance/courses