[pyddr-discuss] Installing pydance in OS 10.3.5

Joe Wreschnig piman at debian.org
Sun Sep 19 14:55:12 EDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-09-19 at 10:36, arturus at comcast.net wrote:
> I'm trying to get pydance running on my iBook. I downloaded and installed the kitchensink install, no problem. I then go to install pydance. The installer starts to run, it shows up in the dock menu. It then proceeds to bounce a few times and dissapear. Pydance is not installed.
>
> I've been doing a lot of websearching on this subject and I haven't found anything. I've re-read all the documentation on icculus.org several times. I've tried manually installling it, but I don't know enough about it to do this.
>
> I had pydance on my computer at home, which ran Windows XP. That installed beautifully. I got the recomended converter and a dance pad. I left for college before I got a chance to use it. Now I have only this laptop.
>
> So, how can I get pydance up and running so I can finally enjoy my dance pad?

Something about OS X changed between 10.2 and 10.3 which made pydance
stop running. Since none of the developers have OS X boxes to test, we
can't fix this. In the past people running OS X have sent us fixes and
patches, or repackaged it, but that hasn't happened yet.
--
Joe Wreschnig <piman at debian.org>