[pyddr-discuss] Sound slightly out of sync?

Joe Wreschnig piman at debian.org
Fri Mar 26 21:32:24 EST 2004

On Fri, 2004-03-26 at 12:10, Michael R Head wrote:
> My roommate and I haven't played much DDR lately, but recently (perhaps
> with the 1.0.1 debian packages? perhaps with one of the dependencies?)
> we started playing again, and we've noticed that the sound is slightly
> out of sync. By maybe a quarter or eighth of a second, so if we hit on
> the beat, it ends up being "Great" and at the end, almost everything
> arrow was late. I also have it set up for my mom and sister on a
> different computer (also debian), and I noticed the same problem there.

Use the masteroffset option (like TGZ described). If you run pydance
from a terminal, you will see the average number of seconds you were
off, each song. This number can be converted into a value for
masteroffset by multiplying it by 1000. You will need Python 2.3 to get
this output, though (which is the default on Debian unstable).
--
Joe Wreschnig <piman at debian.org>