pydance 1.0.0!

Joe Wreschnig piman at debian.org
Mon Mar 1 02:17:37 EST 2004

To end the suspense: Icon #2 won, and is the default icon for 1.0. For
those of you who prefer other icons, they are still available at the old
URL (http://icculus.org/pyddr/icon-contest).

But now, for what you all really care about -- the pydance 1.0 release!
Yes, after 46 versions, a lot of features, and a bunch of bugs, we're
finally here.

pydance 1.0 consists of 7,299 lines of Python, 69 of Makefile, 49 of
Ruby, 21 of C, and 2 of Bourne shell. An estimated 14,000 hours of work
have been put into it total, by over 25 people.

And that's basically all I have to say about it. You guys already know
what's up, and how to get it. Debian packages already sent to
ftp-master, and should appear at the next mirror pulse.

I suspect there are bugs. But there should be less bugs than any other
pydance release.

http://icculus.org/pyddr/pydance-1.0.0.tar.gz
http://icculus.org/pyddr/pydance-1.0.0.tar.gz.sig
http://icculus.org/pyddr/pydance-1.0.0.zip
http://icculus.org/pyddr/pydance-1.0.0.zip.sig

Coming soon: a new ddrmat.o official release that supports the Linux 2.6
kernel.

1.0.0 - Oh, it's a snaaaaaaaaaaake! (on a dancepad!)
+ The TODO file has been revised with plans for pydance 1.2.
+ Display a "Press Confirm" on the grading screen over the banner.
+ Add an icon (icon.png).
+ Using a pydance.zip (containing the modules needed) works now. (This
  is mostly of interest to packagers).
* Images added for all interface options.
* Fix a possible divide-by-zero in FPS calculuation.
--
Joe Wreschnig <piman at debian.org>