ddrmat - segmentation fault

Fernando França fernando at endless.com.br
Tue Jan 27 21:47:35 EST 2004

  Hail evebody,

  I'm on debian 3.0 (gcc 2.95.4 and gcc 3.0) and i trying to compile the
ddrmat module for my kernel (2.4.18-bf2.4).

  The make only works when i change, in Makefile the env $(CC), to
/usr/bin/gcc-3.0 because my gcc is too old.

  After i compile the ddrmat.o module, i try load the module, and another
a appears:

  I type:

  # modprobe parport_pc
    parport0: PC-style at 0x378 [PCSPP,TRISTATE]

  (okay)

  # insmod ./ddrmat.o gc=0,7

  (so, the problem appears)

  Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 00000000
  printing eip:
   d7cb6f49
   *pde = 00000000
   Oops: 0000
   CPU:    0
   EIP
   EFLAGS
   eax
   esi
   ds
   Process insmod (pid: 232, stackpage: )
   Stack
   Call Trace

   Segmentation fault

  I'm not using lp.o or any program that use my parport, i've link /dev/js0 to
/dev/input/js0 and my modules input, hid and joydev are loaded and working (i
have a usb joydev that works ok), and i dont have the devfs instaled on my
machine.

  Somebody can help ? Thanks a lot.

--
 --==--==--===--===--==---==---==--