0.8.4: Wherein we learn the value of regular release schedules, and proper testing.

Joe Wreschnig piman at debian.org
Thu Jan 8 22:29:25 EST 2004

As expected, 0.8.3 had some significant bugs, so 0.8.4 is out now. I'm
going to wait a few days before uploading this one to Debian, announcing
on Freshmeat, LGT, and so on, in case stuff is still wrong.

Of course, I couldn't go a release without adding some features anyway.
But this was pretty independent of the problems with 0.8.4, so I don't
think it broke anything else. The good news is, EZ2 was the last game
type left to implement, and I'm shortening the longstanding bug list
little by little.

http://icculus.org/pyddr/pydance-0.8.4.tar.gz
http://icculus.org/pyddr/pydance-0.8.4.tar.gz.sig
http://icculus.org/pyddr/pydance-0.8.4.zip
http://icculus.org/pyddr/pydance-0.8.4.zip.sig

Incidentally, if you're wondering why the size of the files went up so
much between 0.8.2 and 0.8.3, it's because of the theme-src directory,
which includes GIMP 1.3 XCF files for the new UI graphics.

ChangeLog:

0.8.4 - We must force those people to date actual gamer nerds.
+ EZ2 and EZ2 Real support.
* Fix DWI parsing bugs and typos introduced in 0.8.3.
* Screenshot support is back, using Print Screen (or s on the grading
screen.)
* Fix hold arrow + random transform bug.
--
Joe Wreschnig <piman at debian.org>