Announcing: the pydance icon contest!

Joe Wreschnig piman at debian.org
Fri Feb 13 13:54:09 EST 2004

So, one thing we need before 1.0 is a good icon for pydance. In light of
that, I'm going to try something stupid, and do this democratically. For
two weeks starting from today, I'll take submissions of icons, and then
we'll have a voting period that ends on Feb. 29th, for (hopefully) a
March 1st release of pydance 1.0 with the icon.

RULES:
The icon must be at least 32x32, but no larger than 128x128. The
standard sizes it will be scaled to are 32x32, 48x48, 64x64, and
128x128, depending on the OS and interface. In light of the fact that
UIs all do filtered icon scaling these days, I would suggest 64x64.

The icon must be in PNG, XCF, or XPM format. PSDs won't be accepted;
JPEGs and GIFs will be converted. It will be distributed with pydance in
PNG and XPM form, and probably in ICO format for Windows (if a Windows
package ever exists again), too.

Submissions must be received by piman at debian.org by midnight GMT on
Friday Feb. 27th. Voting will start shortly after that, and end on
midnight GMT Feb. 29th.

Everyone on the mailing list (i.e. who responds to the voting message)
will get a vote.

PRIZE:
Your name in the pydance CREDITS file. Yeah, that's really all we can
offer. Sorry.

Remember, if you don't enter, you're going to have to put up with
whatever icon I make. And nobody wants that.
--
Joe Wreschnig <piman at debian.org>