[pyddr-discuss] segfault - not mp3 related

Joe Wreschnig piman at debian.org
Tue Feb 3 11:01:44 EST 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 18:52, ajze at goquest.com wrote:
> I say it's not mp3 related because there aren't any mp3's in any of the
> directories listed in the output.

If you are unsure of the cause of the bug, leave diagnosing it to us,
please.

> I apologize if this has come up before,
> but I can't find any mailing list archives.  The error is as follows:
>
> 0 joystick(s) found.
> Loaded input configuration.
> pydance 0.9.0 <pyddr-discuss at icculus.org> - irc.freenode.net/#pyddr
> W: Psyco optimizing compiler not found.
> Searching for songs in /usr/share/games/pydance/songs
> Searching for songs in ~/.pydance/songs
> Searching for songs in /usr/local/share/games/pydance/songs
> Searching for courses in /usr/share/games/pydance/courses
> Searching for courses in ~/.pydance/courses
> Searching for courses in /usr/local/share/games/pydance/courses
> Pygame Parachute Traceback:
>   File "/usr/local/share/games/pydance/dance.py", line 205, in play
> Fatal Python error: (pygame parachute) Segmentation Fault
> Aborted
>
> It happens right after selecting a song -- presumably right before gameplay
> begins.  Everything looks fine before this. Same thing in full screen or
> windowed mode.  The line number referenced is line 195 in 8.4; not sure about
> 8.2.

Are you using any MP3s? Is your preview mode set to safe? If not, please
set it to safe and see if the crash is still there (I stongly suspect it
won't be). If it is, please convert the MP3s to Oggs or remove the MP3s
from your songdir, and see if it's still there.
--
Joe Wreschnig <piman at debian.org>