[pyddr-discuss] EMS USB 2 + Linux 2.4.19 refusing to work

Chad A Daelhousen cd9 at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Sun Jun 22 16:51:31 EDT 2003

At Sun, Jun 22, 2003 at 02:11:34PM -0400, Brendan Becker wrote:
> Here's your problem. UHCI doesn't work properly with a lot of devices
> and USB-UHCI does. Do not use the alternate (JE) driver for your hub.

Ahh, perfect! Thank you very much.

I thought to mknod /dev/input/js0 this morning, which means I'd tried
usb-uhci before having the joystick device, which is why it hadn't
worked then. Devfs hath spoiled me ;-)

Any chance this information can get into the FAQ?

--
Chad Daelhousen
My opinions are my own, until UB purchases my soul.