[pyddr-discuss] pyDDR for OS X

Michel Moreau michelmoreau at mac.com
Sat Jun 7 10:03:14 EDT 2003

For all Mac users who want to convert mp3 to ogg :

It's easy to use :

Step 1 : install mpg123 (from
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/mac/11783)
This is a mac os X pkg

Step 2 : install oggenc (from
http://freshmeat.net/projects/oggenc/?topic_id=113).
You have to build it but it's easy, follow the READ ME and don't forget to
rehash.

Step 3 : copy this lines in a text file (without START and END !)

--START--

#!/bin/bash

FILE_NAME=${1%.mp3}

mpg123 -w - "${FILE_NAME}.mp3" | oggenc -o "${FILE_NAME}.ogg" -
rm "${FILE_NAME}.mp3"

--END--

Step 4 : Save this script as mp3TOogg.sh (not .txt)
Step 5 : chmod 777 mp3TOogg.sh (in the terminal)

Now if you want to reencode to ogg, just do :

>mp3TOogg.sh your_fil.mp3

Be carreful : this script remove the original mp3

mmich