[pyddr-discuss] I'm a Mac OS X user having trouble with pyDDR

Shaun Kahler dirtyvert at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 6 23:47:43 EDT 2003

--- Tobias Pace <icestryke at gamebox.net> wrote:

> On Friday, June 6, 2003, at 07:36  PM, Shaun Kahler
> wrote:
>
> > --- Tobias Pace <icestryke at gamebox.net> wrote:
> >> 	I have installed all the stuff needed to run
> pyDDR,
> >> but it won't
> >> recognize that I have songs in the ~/Music/pyDDR
> >> Songs folder. I placed
> >> songs in there, but it still gives me the error
> >> message that I don't
> >> have any. I am running Mac OS 10.2.6.
> >>

> > If it doesn't recognize the music and there isn't
> any
> > other music in there that it will recognize (like
> an
> > .ogg file), there won't be anything to play the
> > stepfile to, so it doesn't let you play the song.
> So
> > far, the only music format mine will recognize is
> > .ogg, so I dunno. If you have at least one .ogg
> file
> > in there and all the stepfiles in the same folder
> as
> > it's in, it will at least let you play the songs
> > that music (even though it will be completely off
> the beat).
> I have a .ogg file and a matching stepfile that I
> downloaded from
> icculus.org. I put them in the 'pyDDR Music' folder
> insider my Music
> folder inside my main directory  (the one that is
> represented by ~) It
> still says there is no music when I launch pyddr. I
> checked the .cfg
> file (BTW, it is not in the
> ~/Library/Preferences/pyDDR directory as
> said in the documentation, it is
> pyddr.app/Contents/Resources/pyddr.macosx.cfg.) and
> the songdir was
> ~/Music/pyDDR Songs.

The only think I can think of is if the folder you put
it is is actually called 'pyDDR Music', it should be
'pyDDR Songs'. I'm running the same OS version as you,
and it runs fine on mine, so I don't know what else to
say. If you can find a copy of version 0.6.2, download
that and see if it will run.
-Shaun